Medicare Supplemental Insurance
PIAM offers MMS Members and their spouses who are over 65 years old several Group Medigap plans to supplement the benefits you receive from Medicare. We currently offer:
- Medex and Medicare HMO Blue from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Medicare Preferred, HMO Prime and the Medicare Premier Supplement Plan from Tufts
Plus, PIAM has partnered with Health Advocate, Inc., a leading independent health advocacy and assistance company, to help MMS Medigap plan members navigate cumbersome healthcare and insurance systems.
Metlife Retiree Dental Program
Please note that this program is only available to MMS members who retired after June 2009
PIAM has partnered with MetLife to offer Met's Preferred Dental Program to Society retirees and semi-retired members. This program will also be available for spouses and surviving spouses of members.
The MetLife Retiree Preferred Dentist Program provides flexible benefits with features that include:
- Significant savings at any in-network dentist. There over 114,000 participating (in-network) dentist locations nationally.
- Reduced out-of-pocket expenses for dental services.
- Two levels of coverage will be available: Option 1 covers preventive and basic dental treatment, like cleanings, X-rays and fillings; Option 2 also covers both preventive and basic dental treatment as well as a schedule of benefits for more advanced procedures like crowns and dentures.
- MetLife has negotiated fees even for many non-covered services, such as adult orthodontia and cosmetics when performed by a Preferred Dentist Program in-network dentist — even when the annual maximum is exceeded.
For eligibility information , please contact PIAM at 800-429-6513.