Data Breach Insurance
The most common source of a breach is ACCIDENTAL: a stolen or lost laptop, PDA, desktop computer or thumb drive.
- average cost of a data breach is over $200 per patient record
- total costs typically exceed $100,000
- most practices have neither the legal nor technological resources to respond to a breach
- slow or incomplete response increases liability & damages customer relationships
Organizations can and will be held liable in the case of a data breach. Data Breach Insurance will protect you.
- Data Breach Claim Coverage – for claims from outside parties related to privacy issues and technology security breaches, as well as regulatory action against the practice
- Data Breach Containment – covers costs of notification, crisis management expenses, credit monitoring costs, costs to investigate existence of a breach
- Technology Extortion – expenses involved with an extortion attempt, "hacker" case d. Data Restoration – cost to restore, recover or replicate data that is damaged or unrecoverable.
For more information, call 800-429-6513 or email us.